Friday, January 06, 2006

With friends like these. . . .

I guess defiling the Holy Land is superior to distributing little bits of it people who actually live there.

Far be it for me to defend Ariel Sharon (I won’t, I think he’s war criminal), but if I had to choose one dinner guest with whom to spend eternity in hell, I’ll take Arik over his “friend” Pat Robertson any day.


Robertson let it be known today on his television show, The 700 Club (which airs, btw, on the ABC-owned Family network. . . and ABC is owned by Disney, which puts me in mind of theme parks. . . hmmm. . . .) that god personally intervened to strike down Sharon.
"He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America.’ God says, 'This land belongs to me, and you'd better leave it alone.'"

OK, but that’s not the wacky part.


I expect (almost look forward to?) moronic crap like that from Robertson, but what makes this an item to me is the reaction from Israel’s Ambassador to the United States, Daniel Ayalon:
"He is a great friend of Israel and a great friend of Prime Minister Sharon himself, so I am very surprised."

I’m sorry, but even if you were stupid enough to think that about a classic anti-Semite like Robertson before he opened his festering gob and pronounced your comatose boss a sinner, wouldn’t you put a Dead Sea’s worth of distance between you and him now?


Maybe Ayalon was promised a lifetime pass for the flume ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home